We fell into a burning ring of fire!

It's 4:30. I am in Beechworth, Victoria. Boone is in in a large room stuffed full of archaeologists. We are here because of the AAA conference. (Australian Archaeology Association) If you are asking why I came along...well the idea of being in a little historic town in the mountains and the prospect of fly fishing for a week made it impossible to turn down.
Unfortunately for me...and the many people who live around Alpine National Forest....fishing isn't gonna happen. Everything is on fire. And this fire isn't just any fire...it's a big, ugly, nasty one. We are safe here in Beechworth. However, we are going to cancel our reservations for the sweet little cabin in Bright. The National Fire center highly recommended that we don't go near Bright. Poor little slimmy fishies won't be able to chomp down on our beautifully cast flies.
We might head East to Mitta Mitta. Trout swim the rivers and it's hopefully just far enough away from the fires. We'll see??
I'll keep y'all updated. Cheers...Sarah

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home