Fieldwork in the East Pilbara
I just returned from a week of fieldwork in the East Pilbara. It's a land of rugged gorges, hills, and rocky plains. The geology is some of the oldest on earth. The red rocks behind me are 3.5 billion years old and contain some of the earliest form of multicellular life.
The photos below come from Karijini National Park, which we drove through to get to the project area. The gorge you see behind me is East Weeli Wolli Gorge. I spent the week working on the other side of those hills.
Looking west towards Weeli Wolli Gorge and the highway.
East Weeli Wolli Gorge.
A blade of grass windblow against the sand. A beautiful natural design.
The photos below come from Karijini National Park, which we drove through to get to the project area. The gorge you see behind me is East Weeli Wolli Gorge. I spent the week working on the other side of those hills.
Looking west towards Weeli Wolli Gorge and the highway.
East Weeli Wolli Gorge.
A blade of grass windblow against the sand. A beautiful natural design.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home