How to Hunt Witchetty Grubs Part 3
I don't want to sound like a pro, but the following photos illustrate what I was told is the best method for eating Witchety grubs. First, you grab it by the head (I kissed mine). Then you lower it into your mouth and bite it near the head. A clear, egg white gel swirls into the mouth and is followed by a nice, chewy skin texture. It is flavourless until you swallow, and then you get a slight nutty taste in your mouth.
I tried a cooked one the next day at breakfast. It had a cooked egg texture and an overwhelming nutty taste. I threw up in a fire shortly thereafter, not because it tasted bad, but because of its' richness.--Yum.
I tried a cooked one the next day at breakfast. It had a cooked egg texture and an overwhelming nutty taste. I threw up in a fire shortly thereafter, not because it tasted bad, but because of its' richness.--Yum.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home