Friday, June 15, 2007

Wintersun 2007

Sometime late May, I was talking to Ed on the telephone. At the end of our rambling on about kitchen-abobs, roller derby, music, and life Ed suddenly had one hell of an idea. He said "Hey Sarah...wanna come time Wintersun over the long weekend and be our tray girl?" and what else would I say other than "Hell yea!" So the next day, I booked Boone and I tickets to fly to the other side of the continent.

We flew into Brisbane, rented a car and drove through landscape which looked like tall building across 30 miles of coast. YUCKY!
Then we drove off the main road, like good little country Texans, and took the back roads through beautiful hills and mini-mountains. It was stunning.
We soon got into Fueler zone and met with the gang at the Motor Inn. We spent the evening listing to Peter Baylor rehearse from his motel room with a beautiful Pedal Steel player, ate some pizza, and I fell asleep to the sound of Boone getting lead guitar lessons from Gregor.

The next 2 days were action packed Wintersun music days. I transformed into "Hico Sal". They boys geared up for some fantastic gigs. Boone was mightly happy to play a few songs a few times. I was a CD selling mamma.



Kat was working with Mark in their "Elvis and Marilyn from Miami" stilt walking act...which was a fantastic sight to see!

Thanks for a heck of a fun weekend! I be your Tray Gal anytime, boys.



To hear some Fueler's tunes visit their myspace page at www.myspace.com/thefuelers

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Hico Sal is so cute!!! Sounds like you guys are having some fun. Here it is rain and the greenbelt is swimmable...

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home